[复制链接]
发表于 2013-5-21 08:49:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
国际志愿者者网络,义工旅行,国际义工

马上注册,享受更多特权与福利。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
志愿者的20个原因
作者:朱莉·史蒂芬
Yes, volunteering makes you feel good. Yes, you learn about other people. But there are dozens of other reasons people volunteer, too.   
  是的,志愿者工作让你感觉很棒。是的,你可以从中向他人学习。但是人们去做志愿者的原因还有很多很多。
And here are 20 from Matador members who are experienced volunteers.
     这里有20位做过志愿者的《斗牛士》杂志社的成员。
1. Lola Akinmade, Matador Goods Editor
1、劳拉·阿金梅德,《斗牛士》杂志商业版编辑
“I volunteer because ‘to whom much is given, of him shall much be required.’ — Luke 12:48. I honestly don’t know how to live outside of giving and sharing, and wouldn’t want to.”
  “我去做志愿者是因为《路加福音》第12章第48节说道‘因为多给谁,就向谁多取’。我真的不知道没有给予和分享的生活该怎么过,并且也不想停止给予和分享。”
Lola volunteers as a photojournalist with both World Hope International, documenting the organization’s projects in countries such as Nicaragua and Cambodia, and C.H.I.E.F, an NGO based in Lagos, Nigeria that promotes grassroots health development, HIV/AIDS awareness, and the empowerment of women.
     劳拉给世界希望组织做志愿摄影记者,用摄影来证明这个组织在尼加拉瓜和柬埔寨等国家进行的工程进度。她还给C.H.I.E.F,一个在尼日利亚拉各斯的旨在促进民众医疗改革,艾滋病防护和赋权给妇女的非政府组织做摄影记者。
Her church in Stockholm recently started a monthly food kitchen for the city’s homeless, and she hopes to work a lot more with them as well.
     她在斯德哥尔摩的教堂最近开始了一个每月给城市无家可归者提供食物和厨房的活动。并且她希望能够更多地和他们在一起工作。
2. Richard Stupart, Matador Intern
2、理查德·斯多帕特,《斗牛士》杂志实习生
“I volunteer because I find something incredibly satisfying about acting in a way that is consistent with my principles. Being able to say I changed something in the world, in the lives of others, gives meaning to my being here beyond simply looking after myself. For me, it changes my life from being purely self-centered to being something with meaning for others, too.”
    “我去做志愿者是因为我发现有些行为能够难以置信地满足我与我的原则保持一致的需要。我能够说我改变了世界上的一些东西,一些他人的生活,让我自己活得有意义,远远超过简单地照顾好自己。对我来说,做志愿者让我的生活从完全的以自我为中心变成对他人有意义。”
Richard volunteered for South African Schools Debating, where he coached school kids and taught them critical thinking, working through issues in their communities, and learning to express their own opinions articulately on issues that concern them.
     理查德在南非的学校教孩子们辩论,在那里他教导并训练孩子们学会批判地思考,参与他们所在社区的事务,并学会在事关自己利益的问题上明确表达自己的观点。
3. Leigh Shulman, Matador Life Editor
3、利·舒尔曼,《斗牛士》杂志生活版编辑
Photo: Dave Bezaire & Susi Havens-Bezaire
摄影:戴夫·贝扎尔 苏西·海文斯·贝扎尔
“I volunteer because it takes me out of my daily life. Because I have expertise that is easy for me to teach and yet makes a big difference to those I teach. Because it reminds me how lucky I am. Because I have been given so much in life and believe it’s important to give as well.”
  “我去做志愿者是因为它能让我从日常生活中抽身而出。因为我教书的专业知识,这让我去教书变得简单,并且我已经让我所教的人产生了很大的变化。因为这个行动提醒我我是多么幸运。因为我已经在生活中付出很多并且相信给予是多么重要。”
Leigh volunteers at a local church in Salta, Argentina, serving lunch to school children and helping kids with their English homework.
    利在阿根廷萨尔塔的一座教堂做志愿者,给学校的孩子们做午饭并在英语作业上帮助孩子们。
4. Juliane Huang, Matador contributing editor
4、茱莉亚·黄,《斗牛士》杂志贡献版编辑
“I volunteer because it continuously teaches me something new about people, about cooperation, about compassion, and about myself. In helping others, I am reminded that we are all in this together and we need to remember to support each other. Life has so much to offer if we remember look beyond ourselves.”
    “我去做志愿者是因为它总是能教给我一些关于人,关于合作,关于热情以及关于我自己的新东西。在帮助他人的过程中,我会想起我们都是共同生活在一起的,所以我们应当记得互相帮助。如果我们不仅仅看到我们自己,生活中会有太多可以分享的了。”
Juliane volunteers at the Berkeley Free Clinic.
    朱莉安娜在伯克利的免费诊所做志愿者。
5. Candice Walsh, Matador Associate Editor
5、坎迪斯·瓦尔什,《斗牛士》杂志副编辑
“I volunteer because I love my city and I need to give back something to it other than tax dollars. Also, my soul needs redemption.”
    “我去做志愿者是因为我热爱我的城市,除了交税我还需要偿还它一些其他的东西。还有就是我的灵魂需要救赎。”
Candice volunteers with Girl Guides of Canada and Heavenly Creatures, an animal rescue organization.
     坎迪斯在加拿大的以家女孩指导中心和一家名叫“天堂生灵”的动物救援组织作志愿者。
6. Abbie Mood, Matador Intern
6、阿比·穆德,《斗牛士》杂志实习生
“I volunteer because I want to not just see the world, but make a difference in it.”
   “我做志愿者是因为我不仅想看看这个世界,我还想让它变得不同。”
Abbie has volunteered at United Planet.
    阿比是联合星球的志愿者。
7. Kate Sedgwick, Matador Nights Co-Editor
7、凯特·塞奇威克,《斗牛士》杂志“午夜版”联合编辑
“I volunteer because I have the time. I recognize that time is something I can give, if not money. I regret that I never volunteered before I left the U.S. I don’t know that I make a big difference in the lives of the kids that I work with, but I do know that I can take some pressure off of those that are able to devote more time. Sometimes that’s just got to be enough.”
   “我参加志愿者是因为我有时间。我意识到时间是一些我可以付出的东西,除此之外就是钱了。我后悔我在离开美国之前从没有做过志愿者。我不知道我给我帮助的孩子们的生活带来了很大的变化,但是我知道我可以舒缓一些能够献出更多时间的人的压力。有的时候这样就足以。”
Kate volunteers at Ojo de Pez and Conviven in Buenos Aires.
   凯特在鱼眼(西班牙城市)和布宜诺斯艾利斯的“活”(一个志愿者组织)做志愿者。
8. Matt Scott, Matador Intern
8、马特·斯科特,《斗牛士》杂志实习生
“I volunteer because… it often lets me get closer to a community, the people and the region- I discover so much more than simply having travelled through. Also, on the most basic level, it’s nice to feel I’ve achieved something positive with my day- rather than simply add to the profits of the Fat Cats I usually work for.”
    “我做志愿者是因为……它经常让我和一个社区变得更近,那里的人群和地区。我能比简单的旅行发现的更多。还有,从最根本上来说,每一天都获得一些积极的东西让我感觉很快乐而不是为那些我服务的有钱人增加收入。
Matt has volunteered with Share Centre Ireland, Nightingales Children’s Project,
     马特在爱尔兰的共享中心、夜莺儿童计划、
Sudan Volunteer Programme, Bagaduish Holiday Centre, and in Appalachian Trail conservancy work.
    苏丹志愿者计划、文化意识度假中心和阿帕拉契亚步道管理担任志愿者。
9. Heather Knight, Member
  9、希勒·奈特,会员
“I volunteer because: 1) I truly like helping people. 2) I feel called to volunteer and share my talents and time with others. 3) I enjoy meeting different people from different backgrounds and cultures while volunteering. 4) I like having my comfort zone stretched and expanded. 5) It’s a lot of fun!
Heather plans to volunteer while on a RTW starting this month. Home for Hope in India and Habitat For Humanity in Thailand are on her list so far.
    “我做志愿者是因为:1)我真的喜欢啊帮助别人。2)我感到奉献、与他人分享我的才能和时间的一种召唤。3)当我在做志愿者时,我喜欢遇到来自不同背景和不同文化的人。4)我想让我快乐的细胞变得更多。5)做志愿者真的很有趣!
     希勒计划在这个月开始后备队教练连队训练的同时开始自己的志愿者工作。印度的希望之家和泰国的人性栖息地已经在她的计划之上。
10. Pamm McFadden, Member
“I volunteer to learn something new or to acquire a skill that I lacked. I couldn’t go out and get a job to learn that skill, but I could volunteer and learn it.”
10、帕姆·麦克菲登,会员
    “我做志愿者是为了学习一些新的东西和获得一些我缺少的技能。我不能为了学习那些技能而出去找一个工作,但是我可以通过做志愿者来学习。”
Pamm has volunteered in a hospital, for the local Department of Social Services, for local, national and international solar organizations, the local District Attorney’s office as an investigator, a conference organizer, and a knitter – knitting sweaters for every child in an orphanage outside of Lhasa, Tibet.
    帕姆在一家医院做义工,为当地政府的社会工作出力,为当地、国际的太阳能组织服务,在当地地区律师办公室做研究员,他还是一个会议组织者,并为一家位于西藏拉萨外的孤儿院的孩子们织毛衣。
11. Nola Lee Kelsey, Member
11、诺拉·李·凯尔西,会员

“I volunteer because I can’t handle seeing any animal suffering as if no one cares and because it makes me feel alive.”
    “我做志愿者是因为我不能看到任何动物受到伤害,就像没有一个人关心一样。从事相关的志愿活动,让我感到我活得有生气。”
Nola has volunteered with Care for Dogs in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
     诺拉在泰国清迈的关爱狗儿中心做志愿者。
12. Barb Hautanen, Member
  12、巴伯·霍坦恩,会员
“I volunteer because I want to demonstrate to individuals around the world that someone from ‘way over there’ does care about them, that all Americans are not like those seen on TV or at their country’s tourist destinations. Now, when I hear about about war, political situations, natural disasters, crime, and more in foreign countries, I can picture faces and remember names of people living in those countries.”
   “我做志愿者是因为我想向世人证明,世界上有些离你很远的人在关心着你,并不是所有美国人都像这个国家旅游景点的电视上看到的那样。现在,当我听说战争,政治局势,自然灾害,犯罪以及发生在其他国家的,我可以描绘出生活在那些国家的人们的面庞并记得他们的名字。”
Barb has volunteered with Tasikoki Wildlife Rescue Center in Sulawesi, Indonesia and African Impact.
    巴伯在苏拉威西岛的塔斯卡奇野生动物营救中心以及印度尼西亚和非洲影响力这两个组织中做志愿者。
13. Hal Amen, Matador Trips Co-Editor
13、哈尔·阿曼,《斗牛士》杂志旅行版联合编辑

“I volunteer because I’ve seen firsthand people living in plywood shacks in Vietnam, the Philippines, Mexico, Bolivia and people playing golf on a Tuesday at a Beverly Hills Country Club, the only difference between them being where they were born. The system obviously doesn’t work, so we have to.”
   “我去做志愿者是因为我看见越南原住民就住在夹板的棚屋中,还有菲律宾、墨西哥、玻利维亚的人,但是每个星期二在贝弗利山依然有人在打高尔夫。他们之间唯一的不同是因为出生的地方。该对此负责的部门并没有运转,所以我们必须去做。”
Hal has volunteered with Sustainable Bolivia and Asociacion Mapu.
    哈尔在玻利维亚可持续发展组织和马普切人组织做志愿者。
14. Susan Greenwood, Matador writer
  14、苏珊·格林伍德,《斗牛士》杂志作者
“I volunteer because I feel it is part of being a human being. I think we are designed to help one another. Help comes in many forms, and I believe that volunteering is one way to accomplish what we are supposed to accomplish in this lifetime. Bottom line, it just feels good inside to give unconditionally.”
   “我做志愿者是因为我觉得这是做一个人的一部分。我想我们的目的是互相帮助。帮助有许多种形式,并且我相信做志愿者是一种实现我们今生希望实现的事情的一种方式。至少,不分条件的给予能让我心里很快乐。”
Susan has volunteered for the American Diabetes Association, Girls on the Run, (http://www.girlsontherun.org/) and City of Hope’s breast cancer research initiatives.
   苏珊在美国糖尿病协会、奔跑着的女孩(http://www.girlsontherun.org/)以及城市希望乳腺癌研究中心做志愿者。
15. Jamie L. Worms, Member
   15、杰米·L·沃姆斯,会员
“I volunteer not so much to help others, but to gain some perspective about my own life. But in the end, I suppose I accomplish both.”
   “我做志愿者并不主要是为了帮助别人,而是为自己的生活创造远景。但是结果我还是希望自己可以两者兼得。”
Jamie has volunteered with Catalytic Communities, CIACAC, and Calle.
   杰米在催化剂协会、CIACAC和Calle组织做志愿者。
16. Kelsey Gryniewicz, Member
  16、凯尔西·格林列维奇,会员
“I volunteer because I can. It’s as simple as that. If you could do something to help the world around you, why wouldn’t you?”
   “我做志愿者是因为我有这样的能力。就是这么简单。如果你可以做一些事来帮助你身边的世界,你为什么不做呢?”
Kelsey volunteers with AIDE at Casa Luz in Costa Rica.
   凯尔西在哥斯达尼加Casa Luz的AIDE(哥斯达尼加的一个旨在帮助当地学校教育的组织)做志愿者。
17. Sheethal Shobowale, Member
   17、施道尔·肖博威尔,会员

“I volunteer because I enjoy helping people. Besides, it is professionally and personally fulfilling and great karma!”
  “我做志愿者是因为我喜欢帮助别人。除此之外,这真的能让我感觉到能够满足自我并且也是我为来世的生命所付出的行动。”
Sheethal volunteers with the microloan organization, KIVA.
  施道尔在小型贷款组织KIVA做志愿者。
18. Melanie Campbell, Member
   18、梅拉妮·坎贝尔,会员
“I volunteer for experience to put on my resume.”
  “我做志愿者是因为我想给我的简历加分。”
Melanie has volunteered at St. Paul’s College, a school for children and teens with disabilties, and at a primary school working with refugee children.
    梅拉妮在圣保罗学院,一家给糖尿病患儿开设的学校做志愿者,她还在一所小学为难民的孩子服务。
19. Jane Stanfield, Member
  19、简·斯坦菲尔德,会员
“I volunteer because I always want to learn something new.”
  “我做志愿者是因为我总是想学一些新的东西。”
Jane volunteers with Earthwatch.
  简在地球观察组织作志愿者。
20. Julie Schwietert, Matador’s Managing Editor
  20、朱莉·施威特,《斗牛士》管理版编辑
“I volunteer because I need to feel I can take meaningful action. Until the election of President Obama, I felt like the traditional ways for people to be involved in resolving social problems had been usurped. Volunteering was one way to still make a difference and will always remain one way to exercise your rights, responsibilities, and power.”
   “我做志愿者是因为我想感觉到自己可以付出有意义的行为。直到奥巴马总统大选的时候,我感觉到普通人参与解决问题的传统方法被侵占了。参与到志愿者中是能获得改变而且将会一直是一种能够让你学会维护自身权利、承担责任以及利用自己力量的唯一办法。”
Julie has volunteered with the Culinary Corps, Project Liberty, and has participated in virtual voluntourism with JobAngels.
  朱莉在烹调联合会,自由计划以及在JobAngels中参与模拟志愿者服务。
 楼主| 发表于 2020-1-11 09:51:16 | 显示全部楼层
志愿服务的好处发挥至关重要的作用
成为志愿者是一种非常有意义的经历,可以为每个人(不论年龄或背景)提供回馈当地社区的机会。

• 加强社区
    志愿服务是建立联系并为社区做出贡献的好方法。无论您是在一线工作还是担任支持角色,您的本地知识都可以在增强社区和确保社区安全方面发挥至关重要的作用。
  • 与团队建立新的友谊
    志愿服务还提供了一个与社区志趣相投的成员联系,团队合作并共享经验的场所。与新的人群紧密合作可以帮助您建立终身友谊。
  • 个人和专业发展
    作为志愿者,您将有机会加强沟通和团队合作能力,所有这些都可以融入您的个人和职业生活中。
  • 持续的培训和支持
    为所有紧急服务志愿者提供免费培训和教育,以满足他们所选志愿者角色的需求。这些技能中的许多技能都受到雇主的高度评价,可以在实际情况下付诸实践。
  • 成就感和目标感
    志愿工作对您的社区有益,但也可以对您产生积极影响。当您回馈社区时,您所参与的活动比您自己更大,这可以给您带来很大的成就感。
  • 享受更好的健康
    事实证明,志愿服务的人们的身心健康都得到了改善。除了降低压力水平,志愿服务还与降低血压,提高免疫力和改善整体健康状况有关。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|文佑|小黑屋|国际志愿者网络(IVN)

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 16:13 , Processed in 0.024112 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.